Medical assistants are a crucial part of each Life Line Screening mobile screening team. Medical Assistants work to ensure customers understand their risk factors for chronic diseases as well as provide customers with a positive screening experience.
- Administer screenings such as ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, or Afib
- Administer finger-stick blood screenings
- Assist with customer intake and registration
- Educate customers on medically appropriate preventive screenings
The Medical Assistant is a key part of a mobile medical team of vascular sonographers, medical assistants, care coordinators and a Nurse Practitioner. Each working day your team will meet and commute by company van to local sites within a 150 mile radius of your city to set up state of the art medical equipment and provide services in a community-event setting. This means that in one year as medical assistant you will have the opportunity to provide quality care to roughly 7,200 adults near you.
- Competitive annual pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Day shift hours, off Sundays and off major holidays
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- A 401 (k) with employee matching program
- Career growth
Career Roles & Responsibilities
- Learn and perform ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation, and blood screenings proficiently and in accordance with company protocols
- Work with team to unload and set up screening equipment and then load van at the end of the day
- Manage registration of customers and flow of the screening event.
- Educate customers on medically appropriate screening options and make recommendations
- Assist with driving and other responsibilities as requested by management
- Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician graduate from an accredited school or formal medical training program.
- 1 year experience in the medical field OR 1 year experience in customer service associated with retail or sales
- Able to work some Saturdays and 2-3 overnight trips per month. (No on-call, Sundays, or holidays)
- Eager to work in fast-paced environment with a passion for helping others; able to multi-task
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours including 1-4 hours paid travel time in a company van.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to educate participants on products and services
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license